Mar 11, 2009

Adventures in Therapy

This whole quarter has felt like a waste and, more or less, it has been one. Upon returning from Christmas break I have dealt with a hip injury. There have been several theories about what could be the problem, the current and final is that it is a tight / irritated IT band (the muscle that runs from your hip to knee). In the hopes of loosening it I was sent to get a massage from a lady called Meghan. She gives massages to the women’s basketball team and was beginning to give them to team members as well. So one Wednesday afternoon found me at the doorstep of her mint green home. Upon arrival I could not help but notice the ultra-marathon posters and trophies that covered the walls of her home. I came to find out I was in the home of Meghan ARBOGAST. THE Meghan Arbogast who held the Where’s Waldo course record until my father broke it last summer. THE Meghan Arbogast who is indisputably one of the best ultra-marathoners… EVER! Yeah, that’s who I got my butt massaged by.


Some cool sites :

http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=13650
http://runningmegleg.blogspot.com/
http://www.bostontrials2008.com/index.cfm?pk=bio&bioID=150

3 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

There are many ways in which this quarter has NOT been a waste. One of which is making your grandparents' lives more exciting.

brenda said...

Did the massage help? I feel your pain...my hips hurt after just a few miles of walking. I'm old.

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Mine hurt after changing sheets on the bed!