|Max. With shades.|
Running sometimes brings clarity to the mind. By the final aide station I reached a state where "lemon-aide" was the closest I could come up with when asking for "7-up". About this point, I realized that with all the ways our lives overlap that Max King and I must be twins.
- I sometimes try to keep up with high school kids for workouts on the Crater High School track. He used to win races on that track.
- I got a degree from a state school in Chemical Engineering then eventually moved to Central Point. Max moved away from Central Point and got a degree in Chemical Engineering from Cornell.
- we both were at the Olympic trials in Eugene--I was able to watch a little of it on the video screen west of the stadium, he ran the steeple chase.
- I've won several local ultras. He's set course records at most of the local ultras.
- I've got a pair of Rogue Racer shoes. He helped design those shoes
I anticipated Max King would go after the course record (which he achieved by about 50 seconds). I'd like to think I did my part in helping him achieve this by pushing him along. After all, I was breathing down his neck-- from only about 35 minutes back.
|I'm at the back of this pack.|
|I'm the last guy on the right just crossing the start line.|
|in the maze|
|wedding on Dimple at mile 18.|
GT article: http://www.gazettetimes.com/sports/community/article_b89590c0-7eb4-11e0-b482-001cc4c03286.html