Jun 2, 2008

Life in the fast lane...

So, pretty much, this last year as been insane, pretty much. Senior year of high school, getting ready for college, friends, cross-country, calculus and kayaks, track, C.A.R. and church. It doesn't sound so bad all listed out like that. Did I mention homework? That's always a plus in my life, it's kind of fun in a sick sort of way...

After having an amazing track season I've been accepted to OSU to run track and cross-country. I'm really excited! As an added bonus I get to live with my grandparents! The only sad note is OSU just recently cut back on their language program. link They're keeping Spanish (fortunately) however other languages are soon on their way out ;(

My aspiration in life is to become a gas station employee. I would work my through the oil empires eventually ending on top with an oil monopoly (I love that game). As a side note my dream job is as a waitress at Olive Garden. Sadly I will not be able to partake of either of these promising job opportunities as my parents are shipping me to Oklahoma for C.A.R. shortly after my 18th birthday (15 days, be afraid).

I have just discovered one of the many joys in life: blogging. I can see myself spending many wistless hours preparing new blogs for the discover and semi-entertainment (or woe) of others. This joy was only currently discovered, within the last ten minutes or so, as I sat at my father's computer typing away at what you have previously read. It is a common thought that when a person finds joy in an activity it would be expedient for them to divulge themselves in it, that way they might have joy. With this thought in mind I could continue blogging for the rest of my life, or I could end here, go to bed and perhaps never think of blogging again, either of which are desirable options. Oh! Woe is me, the choices at hand! Why are the young so afflicted?! Yea, that was fun, good night.

-Em

4 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

I love this co-authored blog. Will it continue when you're 200 miles apart? And Emily, do you mind running in the rain? It rains a LOT here. Most people just ignore it and keep the lights on in the house.

Happy blogging.

brenda said...

Great idea to blog together--will you take turns posting? I'm excited to hear about your future at OSU, Em. I also look forward to many posts on the metaphors of running from you, Neil. Seriously.

Sheryl said...

Will you be at the reunion, Emily? When is the CAR? Jessica is trying hard to find a summer job. She has an interview at Cold Stone on Tuesday and possibilities at Target and Michaels. She is NOT applying at gas stations.

Neil said...

I LOVE running in the rain! It's exciting.
I'll be at the family reunion, CAR is at the end of June just before the reunion so I might not be there the first day.
Good luck to Jess!